¥ Determined movie selections and stocked concession items.
¥ Assisted owners with the collection of media assets.
¥ Maintained theater software applications.
¥ Developed creative ways to increase attendance.
¥ Dealt with customer service issues.
¥ Motivated staff to maintain customer service standards.
¥ Kept accurate financial statistics.
¥ Supervised day-to-day operations.
¥ Performed regular employee evaluations.
¥ Hired new staff members and provided initial training.
¥ Standardized theater operations procedures.
¥ Ensured that all health and safety codes were followed.
¥ Attended sales meetings and presenting marketing ideas.
¥ Coordinated with IT staff to resolve database issues.
¥ Oversaw operations and accounting procedures.
¥ Ensured that all theaters were kept clean.
¥ Evaluated the performance of theater staff.
¥ Handled customer inquiries and dealt with complaints.
¥ Arranged regular staff meeting to maintain motivation.
¥ Ensured that security standards were maintained.
Experienced film director with over 10 years of experience directing short films, many of which have gone on to earn accolades at various film festivals. Keen eye for detail and willing to put in extra hours of work to ensure a movie gets the attention it deserves. Excel at professional camera movement, frame composition, and sound design. Additional expertise in lighting, set design, and script work.
- Oversee post production processes of the network’s one-hour-long primetime shows.
- Compile program notes and scripts of over 10 different shows.
- Review films daily to see how each one is progressing and what needs to be done in the weeks going forward.
- Work with upper management to develop budgets for each set of programming.
- Contact California’s film commission program regularly to see what tax credits are available to the network.
- Organized raw footage and had it readily accessible to the film’s producers and director.
- Held meetings with directors to inform them of what shots still needed to be acquired and how the project was progressing.
- Developed soundtracks for the film by reaching out to musicians and composers.
- Edited 4 feature-length films and 12 short films, including the feature film Selfish Desires, which premiered at Sundance.
- Inserted film reels into the proper mechanisms to ensure film played as needed.
- Monitored equipment over the course of the film to ensure sound and video was always excellent.
- Inspected movie reels upon receipt to ensure reels were in good quality.
- Spliced different film reels together to fix a damaged reel or to create something entirely unique.
- Performed routine maintenance on xenon bulbs and electrical outlets.
While films are my life, I also enjoy curling up with a great book on the weekends. I can frequently be found at the North Hollywood library, diving into the latest John Grisham novel or perusing through books about the art of filmmaking.